~ The Best Biscuit Recipe Ever ~



Being in a house full of boys means food is a big deal. Crucial, as in the most important part(s) of their day.  :)  My youngest, who is 7, starts each day off with 'Good morning, Mommy!' followed by hugs and snuggles on the couch.  The next words I hear are always 'What's for breakfast?'.  Today, I decided to break out my biscuit recipe.
The recipe is found in my Betty Crocker's 'New' Picture Cookbook, which was new sometime around 1950.  My grandmother taught my mom to cook with this cookbook.  When my grandmother gave it to me, it became one of my most cherished possessions.
~~~~~

Biscuit
(recipe altered by me because I just HAVE to. I cannot follow a recipe without changing something. It's the rebel in me, I guess...)

2 cups organic flour
3 tsp. gluten free (or regular) baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup organic butter
3/4 cup organic milk

Let butter come to room temperature.
Whip in your mixer for 30 seconds.
Add all other ingredients and mix on low until it forms a dough.

Turn onto a cookie sheet and press into a solid mass, about 2 inches thick.
Cut into biscuits with your favorite cutter or use an upside down glass to cut out uniform circles.
Repeat with the dough until you've used it all.

Cook at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
~~~~~

It's simple and takes literally 20 minutes, start to finish.
Use the cookie sheet as the place to pat out your dough for easy clean up.

Enjoy!