~ Gratitude ~

2013 has been a whirlwind. A beautiful, magical, dream come true kind of whirlwind. Designing, creating, and all of the behind the scenes work that goes into running Peaces of Indigo can leave me feeling drained. 12+ hour days, often 7 days a week, it's hard to maintain that kind of energy and focus. But this work is my passion; I NEED to create. Your outpouring of support and interest in my art leaves me speechless...
recycled silver paisley wedding band set by peacesofindigo 
Photographing new pieces and keeping up with social media has taken a back seat to the orders that are flowing in. Something has to give, and I have to save something of myself for my family. It's too easy for the days to just flow by and time to slip away, and I can't let that happen with these sweet boys that I cherish so much. And my amazing husband who is always there, helping me to keep everything running smoothly and knowing what I need before I even think to ask for it. I truly couldn't do this without him.
My guys 
Your sweet words, the beautiful stories that you share with me, the happiness that comes through in your emails and photos; they mean SO much. You fill my heart with gratitude and reaffirm that this work is what I was meant to do. Creating your wedding rings, creating the ring that will be given along with the words 'Will you marry me?', helping you surprise your loved one on their 18th birthday or your 50th anniversary, being a part of these priceless milestones in your life, it leaves me feeling so blessed.

When the Sun finally decides to show his face again, I'll be back, updating my facebook page and twitter account with photographs of new designs and things that are happening behind the scenes. For now, I just need to brew another cup of tea and work on your orders. And I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  :)
cappuccino photography by alice gao on etsy

From my heart,
xo