~ The Cabin ~

the outside
It's official, we are building a log cabin!! A tiny one, bordering a 350 acre hardwood preserve here in Tennessee. This is my dream, and I still can't believe that it is happening. We've been save, save, saving, and just purchased this log cabin shell. It's in the perfect stage to decide on roof, (don't you love the tin roof that we chose?!) We worked with the husband and wife building team to choose the complete interior layout, which is amazing and completely nuts. Peaces of Indigo keeps my schedule totally packed for 12+ hours each day, so thankfully Craig (my hubby) is doing most of the pulling together of stoves, faucets, light fixtures, etc. I didn't realize how many decisions would need to be made! I want to support craftsmen on Etsy and small businesses as much as possible, then add in the fact that we are doing this on a budget and things get really crazy..... 

This is where Pinterest comes in! I find pictures of ideas that I love, but trying to find that Pinterest pretty claw foot bathtub, etc. that isn't $5000 is quite a challenge. Thank you, Google search, for allowing us to shop around at 11pm from the comfort of our home. I've been making a list of ideas, inspiration, drool worthy cabin photos for a while, so a lot of our cabin's look will be pulled from tidbits here. It's going to be sweet and simple, so we can run around in the woods and enjoy mother nature with our boys for now, then Craig and I will move here when they are out of school. It's honestly in the middle of nowhere. 1 hour round trip to the closest grocery store, REAL middle of nowhere. Heaven. 

I though that it would be really fun to post about the building process on my blog. My business on Etsy has drawn SO many lovely people into my life, from all over the world, and I'd LOVE to have your input on the elements that we are deciding on. First up, bathtubs......