The Cabin

light for the boys bathroom upstairs
I have had a blast choosing lighting for the cabin. I knew from the start that I wanted a mix of vintage and industrial styles. Something totally different than anything we've had before. These are a few of the pieces that I settled on for various rooms. I'm thrilled with them all and can't wait to see how they look in place, once the tongue and groove ceiling goes in this week.
lights going in over the three built in beds upstairs
The back wall in the loft, where we are having beds built in for the three boys will have one of these fabulous green lights over each. They'll light up the upstairs and give them good lighting so they can read in bed. Each light is on it's own switch.
the three green lights will go on the back wall
This is the light that I chose for above the clawfoot tub and for above the dining room table. I wanted simple and this is definitely that.
simple pendant light by lucentlampworks on etsy
Brad at Lucent Lampworks on Etsy made two of these beautiful lights for me, with slight changes. I have oiled bronze ceiling plates and sockets with the turn knob (because I just love the way that it looks) and black twisted cord. They are even better than I imagined.
simple sconce by potterybarn
These very simple sconces are the first pieces that I picked out. We have one lighting up the stairs, one over the kitchen sink and one on either side of my bathroom mirror. The bulbs are very cool.
kitchen lighting
Three of these will finish up the lighting for the kitchen. The huge beam near the range blocks a lot of light, so we added two extra fixtures on that side. They will light up the open shelving on either side of the range and massive hood that Craig chose, and will really illuminate the cooking area.
gorgeous beam in the kitchen, the range will be
centered on the drywall wall
We finished up the painting last weekend, thank goodness. There's a little cutting in left, but it can wait. The wood ceilings and the rest of the plumbing and the AC ducting should be going in this week. We are hoping to start staining the floors on Saturday. Fingers crossed...
Happy Thursday, sweet friends!